Pastor James Black
Pathfinder Ministries Director, NAD
We are, without a doubt, smack in the middle of the information age. Since you are making the time and have the interest, we welcome you to surf through the web page of Pathfinder Ministries for the Seventh-day Adventist Church in North America. We are delighted with your interest in this ministry, and hope that you will be able to easily access what you are looking for.
If you are not yet a Pathfinder, join. If you are already a Pathfinder, stay. If you are a Pathfinder staff, parent or pastor, thank you for all you do to make this ministry viable and relevant.
Who are Pathfinders?
Pathfinders are a worldwide organization of young people sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, though young people of any religious persuasion, or none at all, are welcome and encouraged to join the organization.
Pathfinders offer a wide range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Camping & camping/survival skills
- Grade appropriate leadership training
- Activities promoting community pride & involvement through outreach activities such as helping in downtown soup kitchens, collecting food for the disadvantaged, cleaning & maintaining city and county parks, visiting and encouraging the elderly, and MANY more
- Interactive training in a variety of recreational, artistic, nature, conservation, vocational, and outreach areas, with awards (honors) given for successful completion of the interactive training modules
- Personal care and encouragement by a caring staff member! While many school classrooms have 10-30 students per teacher, Pathfinders offers AT LEAST a 1 staff member to every 5 Pathfinder ratio!
Joining our Pathfinders Club
Pathfinders is for those who are in the fifth (5th) grade or its equivalent through the eighth (8th) grade. 5th and 6th graders are often referred to as “Junior” pathfinders, and 7th and 8th graders are often referred to as “Teen” Pathfinders.
The Teen Leadership Training (TLT) program works closely with the Pathfinder program and is for high school students (grades 9-12).
Staff positions are available that offer adults the opportunity to make a difference for young people, develop friendships with fellow staff, learn more about God’s creation, and improve their training skills.
Learn more about the St Paul Trailblazers!
Pathfinder History Summary (PDF)
Pathfinder Pledge & Law
Pathfinder Pledge to the Flag & the Bible
Pathfinder Aim & Motto